ANTI-VIRAL / ANTI-BACTERIAL TREATMENT
Hug Rug treated with a certified antimicrobial, anti-viral technology*:
The Coronavirus pandemic of 2020 has emphasised the importance of environmental cleanliness and hygiene management – whether that environment is in the home or workplace. Our antimicrobial antiviral technology is based on the molecule zinc pyrithione. It is a broad spectrum, highly effective antimicrobial agent which has now also been tested against viruses. Studies have shown that the active agent reacts with key proteins in a microbe’s outer membrane, blocking transfer of necessary nutrients into the cell.
When a Hug Rug is treated with this technology it gives the mat added freshness, stain protection and extended product life. Formulated to provide excellent durability, treated products continue to offer performance after multiple cleanings or extended exposure to environmental stresses.
- Tested on two representative types of virus using the ISO 18184 antiviral test
– Feline Coronavirus – which, like the human coronavirus, is an enveloped virus, and is a member of the Coronaviridae family. Results showed a reduction in the viral load on its surface by over 95% in two hours
– Influenza H1N1 – like the human coronavirus, is an enveloped virus. Results showed a reduction in the viral load on its surface by over 98% in two hours
- Proven to control up to 99.9% & inhibit the growth of harmful bacteria on the mat – including MRSA, E.Coli and S.Choleraesuis
- Ensures long lasting hygiene and freshness
- Built in resistance to the growth of odour causing and harmful bacteria, fungus, mould and mildew
- Resists deterioration, stains, discolouration and degradation caused by bacteria and or mould and mildew so extending the life of the mat
- Shown to be effective against dust mites and associated allergens
- Non-migrating technology: no migration to the skin or release into the environment.
- Durable to domestic washing at 30°C and the efficiency is unaffected by laundry detergent.
- Lasts for up to 25 washes
NB. To maintain the maximum efficacy of the antimicrobial additive we would not recommend the use of hydrogen peroxide or chlorine bleach.
The technology used is EPA (USA) registered, BPR (EU) compliant and Oeko-Tex listed, and complies with all regulatory requirements of each country where it is sold. The antibacterial properties may be measured using quantitive methods such as the ISO 20743 (JIS L1902) or ISO 22196 (JIS Z 2801).
* For copies of the ISO 18184:2019 Textiles- Determination of antiviral activity of textile products certification please contact Hug At Home on 01484 959 301.