Busy Lizzie @
I’m going on a picnic this weekend (as long as the weather holds out)! I’ve been on quite a few since lockdown has eased, it’s a great way to see friends and family whilst following the rules of being outside and keeping 2m apart. We’ve even had some picnics in our garden during lockdown so we’re not stuck in the house - even if we did get rained on once or twice it was a nice change to being sat around the dining table or in front of the TV.
I don’t know about anyone else but I’m always worried I’m not going to have enough food at a picnic so I pack as much as I can. Here’s one of my typical picnic baskets -
- Hug Rug Woven throw or two (my favourite is the Herringbone Warm Grey)
- Sausage roll or pork pie (I am northern after all)
- Egg mayo (or smelly egg as I like to call it, it’s a good job I’ll be eating it outside!)
- Scotch eggs
- Potato or pasta salad
- Carrot sticks & hummus (just to make me feel better about the pork pie)
- Tomato & mozzarella salad with balsamic glaze
- A packet of sharing crisps
- Strawberries & cream
- A slice or three of my lemon & gin drizzle cake
- Pimms or Champagne (maybe both)
As well as all the food, I always make sure I pack plates, knifes, forks & spoons, napkins (I always take linen ones so I can reuse them, much better for the environment), dishes to put the food in (makes it look prettier than eating out of Tupperware), and can't forget glasses for the Champagne!
I hope you all have lovely weekends and maybe you'll go on a picnic too!
Busy Lizzie x