The countdown to Christmas is on!
Unwrap festive treats and with our interactive advent calendar! Come back each day for new surprises and delights.Take Me There
The Magic of a Hug
Busy Lizzie @
These are very strange times we are all living in at the moment and I don’t know about you but I really miss hugging people! I think Ady is a bit fed up of me constantly hugging him, but I keep telling him that a hug is healthy! Did you know hugging can reduce stress and anxiety, improve blood pressure, rejuvenate the body, improve the immune system, relax the muscles, and generates cardiovascular benefits? The power of a hug affects our entire body and soul, which is pretty impressive if you ask me!
Whilst we all wait until we can hug our loved ones again we can send virtual hugs, here are a few lovely ideas I’ve seen, and a few I’ve been lucky to receive -
- Writing a letter and sending it in the post
- Weekly Zoom calls with friends and family
- Sending a lovely bunch of flowers, just because
- Checking in with people via text
- Wearing a giant inflatable outfit to be able to visit elderly family members in care homes (watch this lovely video)
Hugs and kisses,
Busy Lizzie x