Caring for your wool/wool mix rug
It is completely normal for your new wool or wool mix rug to shed fluff at first, this is caused by excess fibres that attach during the spinning process. Once the rug has been vacuumed a few times this will lessen and eventually stop. Regular vacuuming will help to keep your rug looking new for longer and prevent dirt that is on the surface of the rug getting embedded and making it much harder to clean. We would recommend the use of a suction vacuum cleaner to ensure that the pile of the rug isn’t damaged. It is always useful to rotate your rug on a regular basis to even out the wear of the rug or fade if it is in natural sunlight.
SPILLS & STAINS:
Any spills should be dealt with as soon as they happen to prevent permanent stains on your wool or wool mix rug. Follow the below steps for the best way to treat the spill:
- Blot up excess with a clean, white cloth or paper towel - do not rub as this can spread the spill
- Working from the outer edge of the stain to the centre, apply wool carpet cleaner (or wool approved laundry detergent) with a clean cloth
- Pat with a paper towel and leave to dry
- Vacuum the rug
- If the stain is still visible repeat the process until the stain is completely removed
If trying to remove the stain yourself doesn’t work contact a professional carpet/rug cleaning company
Rugs without a rubber backing need a rug grip to stop them from slipping and creeping! We recommend buying our anti-slip underlay which can be cut to the size and shape of your rug.
- Safety - No matter where the rug is placed (on carpet or hard flooring), a pad keeps the rug in place to prevent slips and pulls
- Longevity - Believe it or not, a rug grip extends the life of your rug by preventing the fibres from being crushed. The pad acts as a buffer between the hard surface below and the rug above
- Protection - Very important! A pad prevents dye transfer, marring, staining, and scratching to the floor or carpeting beneath
- Comfort - A pad adds extra cushiony softness underfoot
- Cleanliness - A pad allows for easier vacuuming as it holds the rug in position