Caring for your easy care rug
Our range of easy care rugs are highly stain-resistant, long lasting and will not grow mildew or fade when exposed to bright window light. Some of this range is suitable for outdoor spaces and they are all ideal for indoor areas with high-moisture content or where frequent spills occur. Our easy care rugs are ideal for high traffic areas, hallways, kid's bedrooms, playrooms, basements, conservatories and garden rooms.
It is completely normal for your new rug to shed fluff at first, this is caused by excess fibres that attach during the spinning process. Once the rug has been vacuumed a few times this will lessen and eventually stop. Regular vacuuming will help to keep your rug looking new for longer and prevent dirt that is on the surface of the rug getting embedded and making it much harder to clean. We would recommend the use of a suction vacuum cleaner to ensure that the pile of the rug isn’t damaged.
SPILLS & STAINS:
Any spills should be dealt with as soon as they happen to prevent permanent stains on your easy care rug. Follow the below steps for the best way to treat the spill:
- Spot clean immediately after a spill or if the rug gets marked
- Blot with a wet cloth to dilute the stain
- Follow with a liquid soap on a wet cloth
- Scrub until the stain lifts
- Rinse until all the soap has gone
Hang to dry
Rugs without a rubber backing need a rug grip to stop them from slipping and creeping! We recommend buying our anti-slip underlay which can be cut to the size and shape of your rug.
- Safety - No matter where the rug is placed (on carpet or hard flooring), a pad keeps the rug in place to prevent slips and pulls
- Longevity - Believe it or not, a rug grip extends the life of your rug by preventing the fibres from being crushed. The pad acts as a buffer between the hard surface below and the rug above
- Protection - Very important! A pad prevents dye transfer, marring, staining, and scratching to the floor or carpeting beneath
- Comfort - A pad adds extra cushiony softness underfoot
- Cleanliness - A pad allows for easier vacuuming as it holds the rug in position