Plain Washable Rug Natural
- Made from recycled plastic bottles
- Machine washable at 30ºC
- Stain resistant
- Hard-wearing and long-lasting
- Mould, mildew and moth resistant
- Great for indoor and outdoor us
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
- Unit price
Our woven Plain Natural Rugs are made from 100% recycled plastic bottles! Warm and cosy these rugs are great to use in your lounge, bedroom, kitchen or why not take them outside on those lovely summer days. Our woven products are designed in the UK and the recycled PET fabric is woven by our trusted partners in India that we have worked with for many years. We are currently trying to source manufacturing in Britain for our woven products, but meanwhile we make sure they are made as sustainably as possible.
Planet friendly - yet so practical.
- Manufactured from 100% recycled plastic bottles
- Designed in the UK, made in India by our partner company
- Stain resistant - spills and marks wash out easily
- Washable at 30°C
- Mould, mildew and moth resistant
- Resistant to dust mites so ideal for allergy sufferers - how fabulous!
- Ideal for indoor or outdoor use (do not leave outside in bad weather though)
- UV stable which means the lovely colour you chose will last
- Making things better for wildlife - designed to fit your life
These products have an open weave, which may be prone to snagging like any other woven product when used in high traffic areas (or if your pets have long claws).
For a quick guide to rug sizes, take a look at our handy size guide.
Please note, this rugs colours may vary slightly from the photograph.
Delivery & returns
*Free delivery over £75 offer is on orders equal to or greater than £75 after any discounts have been applied and before the postage cost is applied. This offer is unavailable for non-mainland UK addresses, including our lovely customers across the waters in Northern Ireland, some areas of the Highlands and Islands; instead a postage discount of £4.95 will be applied.Find Out More
We are sure you will love your new Hug at Home product but if for any reason you feel you need to send it back please do it within 28 days and we will be happy to exchange or refund the money. Please note that anything bought in the seconds sale has a 14 day return period.Find Out More
Lovely list of benefits
Why Hug Rug Woven is Fabulous…
We’ve been recycling plastic bottles for our lovely Hug Rugs for over 10 years and we are delighted to be recycling so many more by bringing you this beautiful range made 100% from recycled plastics, salvaged from the ocean and from land. We work closely with our weaving partners to create a product that has the qualities we require from our products whilst having the environmental credentials that we strive to maintain across our Hug range.
Our products look and feel like wool but can be used indoors or outdoors and are mould, mildew and moth resistant which means they stay fresher for longer. They are all easy wash and quick dry making them perfect for anywhere in your home and garden – and by buying one you’re helping the planet at the same time!
Caring for your easy care rug
Our range of easy care rugs are highly stain-resistant, long lasting and will not grow mildew or fade when exposed to bright window light. Some of this range is suitable for outdoor spaces and they are all ideal for indoor areas with high-moisture content or where frequent spills occur. Our easy care rugs are ideal for high traffic areas, hallways, kid's bedrooms, playrooms, basements, conservatories and garden rooms.
It is completely normal for your new rug to shed fluff at first, this is caused by excess fibres that attach during the spinning process. Once the rug has been vacuumed a few times this will lessen and eventually stop. Regular vacuuming will help to keep your rug looking new for longer and prevent dirt that is on the surface of the rug getting embedded and making it much harder to clean. We would recommend the use of a suction vacuum cleaner to ensure that the pile of the rug isn’t damaged.
SPILLS & STAINS:
Any spills should be dealt with as soon as they happen to prevent permanent stains on your easy care rug. Follow the below steps for the best way to treat the spill:
- Spot clean immediately after a spill or if the rug gets marked
- Blot with a wet cloth to dilute the stain
- Follow with a liquid soap on a wet cloth
- Scrub until the stain lifts
- Rinse until all the soap has gone
Hang to dry
Rugs without a rubber backing need a rug grip to stop them from slipping and creeping! We recommend buying our anti-slip underlay which can be cut to the size and shape of your rug.
- Safety - No matter where the rug is placed (on carpet or hard flooring), a pad keeps the rug in place to prevent slips and pulls
- Longevity - Believe it or not, a rug grip extends the life of your rug by preventing the fibres from being crushed. The pad acts as a buffer between the hard surface below and the rug above
- Protection - Very important! A pad prevents dye transfer, marring, staining, and scratching to the floor or carpeting beneath
- Comfort - A pad adds extra cushiony softness underfoot
- Cleanliness - A pad allows for easier vacuuming as it holds the rug in position